If you have recently encountered an issue with your Solar Seed Fairy Lights not working please follow our troubleshooting tips below:
My Solar Seed Fairy Lights will not switch on?
1. When you received your lights did you press the ON/OFF button on the back of the panel once to activate the ON mode? Please don't press this button multiple times, otherwise, you'll have no idea if they are on or off.
2. Have you placed the solar panel outside for a minimum of 2 sunny days with at least 8 hours of daylight per day? Remember these lights are charged by the sun. We know you are excited about your lights but please be patient with them. This initial charge time is critical.
3. Are you testing the lights when it is DARK? Remember it needs to be dark for them to work, not just when the sun goes down. Please don't test under conditions other than outside and in darkness. Don't place the panel under blankets or in wardrobes to see if they work. Also make sure you don't have other lights obstructing their light - street lights, lighting from inside shining through into the area etc.
4. Once you have done the above when it is dark try pressing the MODE button a few times. You might find you have it in the fade or time-out setting. Be patient and press it once, wait a minute and then try the next mode.
6. If the lights don't light up then of course press the ON/OFF button once and charge again on a sunny day. It may be that you were trying to charge the panel in OFF mode.
They only light up for a while and then switch off?
- This would be the regular low power battery protection mechanism, not a product quality problem. You do not need to service the product here, it will return to normal working condition once it has been charged enough. Similar to a cell phone, goes into power save mode and then switches off.
- Please test again after a sunny day when the panel has been charged for 6 - 8 hours.
- Please make sure your lights are in a sunny, unobstructed position to receive full sun during the hours of 9am and 3pm.
I've tried all of the above but I still need help.
Please email us direct at > firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work on a solution with you.