We stand behind everything we sell! If you’re not satisfied with your lights for any reason, neither are we and we’ll do everything we can to make it right. Please see warranty and change of mind policies below.
If you have an issue, contact us and we'll get it sorted.
The following products cannot be returned
- Rope Lights
- Festoon Extension Cables
- String Light Extension Cables
- Light Bulbs
- Festoon Light and Fairy Light Splitters and T Connectors
There are no exceptions made on the above.
Change of Mind:
If you're not satisfied with your Lights for any reason within 14 days of receiving your lights, you can return your product for a store credit of the product cost.
Note the original shipping cost is not refunded or part of the store credit. However, as we are a rural address we will refund $5.50 of the original shipping cost to cover your return rural charge.
The purchaser will be responsible for any return shipping costs.
The product must be unsused and you will need to ensure that the original box is properly packaged into another box to protect the product. Do not use our product box packaging as your 'courier box' packaging. If the Love Your Lights box has any markings, tape, writing or labels on it then a 10% product fee will be removed from your refund total. We take care with our postage and we expect you to do the same.
Returns will be processed within 5 working days of us receiving your item or items. All sale items cannot be returned or exchanged.
How to return product?
To start a return, you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number in the email header. You will then be emailed instructions on how to return your product.
Do not use our product box packaging as your 'courier box' packaging. If the Love Your Lights box has tape, labels or any other markings then a 10% fee will be removed from your refund total.
Please note that once products are used or installed they cannot be returned for a change of mind refund or exchange, and any returns based on damage to the product must be brought to our attention within 14 days of delivery.
For the avoidance of doubt, any light bulb delivered that arrives in-tact and in working condition but blows thereafter through use, irrespective of length of use, is not deemed a damaged product and will not be replaced or refunded. Light bulbs are deemed a consumable item and therefore all average lifetime hours provided are averages and by no means a guarantee of life span.
We do not accept light bulb returns so when you order please ensure you have ordered the correct bulb for your lights.
The item I received is not the item I ordered
Provided the item is not used and in excellent condition and you notify us within 7 days of receiving your order, we'll replace the item for you. Please email email@example.com and we can get this organised for you.
I ordered an incompatible item
If you ordered a product designed to work with another product, and upon opening the product you discover they are incompatible, Love Your Lights will accept the return if:
- there was an error on Love Your Lights website or product description
- the product description lacked information that would reasonably be required to determine compatibility
If the incompatibility of products is due to a customer thinking they would work, then no return will be accepted. We state very clearly on our website to only use our bulbs and extension cables in Love Your Lights products. Please do not assume they will work on your product purchased from another website.
If a product is damaged on delivery, then you can refuse to take receipt of that product and notify our Customer Service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you notice damage to a product after delivery or there is a problem with your order, you need to notify us in writing with all details of the damage within 14 days of delivery. Failure to do so will negate any claim on Love Your Lights. In the case of damaged goods we will refund or replace the product at our discretion.
In the case of damage caused during installation by what we deem as user error we reserve the right to not replace that product. Please ensure you read and follow all installation instructions received with your order.
Another point to note is that products may differ from the pictures displayed due to the the natural variations of colors and finishes.
In the case of any deterioration or damage covered by our Manufacturing Warranty, we will opt to repair or replace the affected product at our discretion.
In such cases please email us advising of the issue and include your order number.
We may require the following:
- Photographic evidence of the defect
- A written explanation of the defect
- Details of the defect over the phone
- Product to be returned to us at your cost
*We are aware we are a rural address so while the return is at your cost we will reimburse you for the Rural Charge with a store credit of $5.50 to cover this*
Before providing the warranty service, we will require you to respond to questions designed to assist our diagnosis of potential faults. We will also try and troubleshoot the issue first as 99% of the time we can fix problems.
Our Warranty does not cover the following:
- Where installation was not carried out by a licensed electrician as required.
- Products not installed in accordance with the product’s installation instructions or specifications.
- Products not used in accordance with the instructions for use or specifications.
- If a product which is rated indoor use has been used outdoors.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs of any kind by any person.
- Damages not caused by a fault in the product materials or workmanship.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, cyclones, storms, floods, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location. Water damage caused by inappropriate installation, including not securing the bulbs tight within their sockets.
- Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its published features and specifications.
- Non-structural corrosion damage of components such as surface rust or minor rust.
- Liability for consequential loss or claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other event either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty product or accessory to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Freight, call-out fees, labour and other items associated with making a claim under this warranty.
Any damages caused to the product as a result of bird or insect chipping or any other animal chewing on wires.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that the product is protected from external factors that may cause damage.