Love Your Lights provides a 24 month, non-transferable warranty on all light fittings that have been purchased in New Zealand. This warranty covers the replacement or repair of any light fitting where the product fails due to defective materials. This warranty excludes light bulbs unless specifically stated on the product listing. This warranty is subject to the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act. The benefits provided in this warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the New Zealand Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this warranty relates. The warranty period commences from the date that goods are received for a period of 24 months. Subject to "Your Consumer Rights", but otherwise to the maximum extent permitted by law, this warranty will not cover the following:
- Products not installed in accordance with the product’s installation instructions or specifications.
- Products not used in accordance with the instructions for use or specifications.
- Light Bulbs.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from misuse, accident, neglect, abuse, tampering, modifications or unauthorised repairs of any kind by any person.
- Damages not caused by a fault in the product materials.
- Defect, damage or failure to a product resulting from any acts of God, including damages from lightning, power grid fluctuations, or power surges.
- Replacement of light sources (bulbs) unless specified.
- Damage caused by alternative power systems (for example: solar inverters, etc.).
- Water damage of any kind caused by inappropriate placement of fittings not IP rated for that location.
- Where the product does not perform to the expectation of a user but it does perform to its published features and specifications.
- Non-structural corrosion damage of components such as surface rust or minor rust.
- Liability for consequential loss or claims for damage to furniture, carpets, walls, ceilings, foundations or any other event either directly or indirectly resulting from a faulty product or accessory to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Freight and other items associated with making a claim under this warranty
Love Your Lights Customer Service must be notified in writing of any defect within 14 days of the defect. You must provide the following information upon notification of the defect:
- Your name; and
- Order delivery address; and
- Your phone number; and
- Product details; and
- Details of the defect claimed
Once notification of a defect is received by Love Your Lights, a representative will help determine whether your warranty claim is valid, and if it is, will inform you of how we will honour it. You may be required to provide Love Your Lights with:
- Photographic evidence of the defect;
- A written explanation of the defect;
- Details of the defect over the phone with Love Your Lights Customer Service.
During the process, Love Your Lights Customer Service may, before providing the warranty service, require that you respond to questions designed to assist with diagnosing potential faults and follow their procedures for obtaining the warranty.
Love Your Lights reserves the right to determine at its discretion whether a fitting / component has failed due to a defect or wear and tear. Love Your Lights, at its sole discretion, will repair or replace items that failed structurally during normal use and with regular maintenance.
This Warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the products and where they remain in New Zealand for the life of the product. You cannot assign or transfer any benefit conferred by this warranty. All subsequent purchasers acquire the products ‘as is’ and without the protection of the warranty.